In Tami’s recent blog, you got a taste of what content isn’t.
Content is not shouting your sale from the rooftops or using your advertisement to list every brand you carry.
Content Marketing is telling stories that your prospective customers want to hear.
Just because I want to write blogs about obscure rock and roll songs, doesn’t mean it’s smart for our company. Our marketing director won’t let me. He says our customers want to know about branding and marketing, not how Led Zeppelin’s guitar gallop in their 1976 song Achilles Last Stand preceded the new wave of heavy metal in the 1980s.
The best place to start creating content is to answer questions your customers are ALREADY ASKING.
So how do you start answering those questions?
Step One – RESEARCH
- Use tools like SEMRush to determine most searched for questions
- Do a quick Google Search
- Research your competitors
- Poll your customer service team – what are the top 5 questions they answer daily?
Step Two – DO
- Create an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section on your website
- Create content (blog posts, videos, ebooks, interviews, etc.) to answer the questions you discovered in Step One
- Optimize content for Search Engine Optimization
- Take action on creating video content or hire someone to do it with you…(Hint…Hint…we can help)
- Organize your content by category or season by creating a content calendar
Step Three – SHARE
- Post your new content on social media channels
- Send content via email to your database
- Encourage comments & engagements!
Thousands of great ideas are recycled on the internet every day. It’s not about finding brilliant new ideas, but new ways to tell the story around that idea.
Where are you answering your customers’ questions?
Are you ready for more? Watch this webinar where our Marketing Director Andy Bontz discusses this with Pasquale Nocito, President of QS Digital Solutions.
Beat Your Competitors to Your Best Customers by Linking Your SEO and Content Strategy
Learn From Our Marketing Experts
We’ll keep you up to date on the latest and greatest marketing trends and tactics via our weekly newsletter the “Three Minute Mix”.
- Web Story Test
- How to Select the Right Meta Advertising Campaign Objective
- 4 Steps to Set Up A Facebook Campaign in Ad Manager
- Are Trade Shows Dead?
- Are You a New Business Owner?