Mid-West Family Madison is seeking a full-time Sales Development Representative to help shape the future of its ever-changing and evolving organization. If you desire to be part of a team that makes a difference and have fun while you’re doing it – it’s here!
Do you like creating fun ways to WOW people?
If so, then you may be the perfect fit for our new role of Sales Development Representative.
You will be the amazing glue that sticks our marketing team to our sales team. You will spend your day finding creative ways to build relationships with new customers and seek out a path to bring back customers who left the Mid-West Family fold.
Your average day will include working with our sales team to come up with creative ways to WOW our dream customers to help us serve them better. You won’t need to be a hard closer because we have a team of sales rockstars to help you close the deal.
You’ll work with the marketing and sales leadership team to plant daily seeds in the minds of our future customers so when they are ready for our help, we will be the first people they think of.
What’s in it for YOU: (perks of the job)
- Eligibility for promotion within.
- Extensive training opportunities – we’re committed to initial and on-going improvement.
- Paid annual gym membership at local fitness clubs.
- Work with a growing, fast-paced, exciting team.
- Community involvement. With 8 live and local, market-leading radio stations as a part of our team, there are many opportunities for you to enjoy local entertainment.
- Local county fairs
- American Family Children’s Hospital Radiothon
- Storytellers Jam
- Viva Mexico
- Veterans Radiothon
- Ornament Smash
- Meet & Greet opportunities with various artists
- Local baseball games
- Multiple football Tailgate Parties
- Tickets to various sporting events
- Maintain a self-starter attitude while creating outreach strategies for new lead generation methods, utilizing resources such as sales reports, trade magazines, competitive media analysis, and leads identified by the marketing department.
- Support senior sales teams and sales representatives on outbound strategies and lead generating efforts
- Attend regular product training provided by Center for Sales Strategy and develop an understanding of our communication infrastructure.
- Monitor and set up meetings with prospects while handling the introductions and follow-up with the sales representatives.
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward
- Establish active communication and engagement with prospects to create new leads and sales openings
- Collaborate with sales teams by bringing innovative lead generation ideas to each weekly meeting
- Build market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Track individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locate or propose prospective business deals by contacting potential partners.
- Discover and explore business opportunities.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, and financials.
- Evaluate options and resolve internal priorities.
- Enhance organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualifications for Sales Development Representative
- Flawless communication skills, both written and oral.
- The ability to learn new software quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in addition to being a productive team member, by making outbound communication daily (email, text, phone, or in person).
- Have a strong work ethic and are eager to learn and make new connections with prospects.
- Have experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other similar prospecting applications while keeping track of dead-end leads.
- Must be an excellent problem-solver and willing to collaborate in an exceedingly competitive environment.
- Thorough understanding of commercial awareness and brand recognition to successfully establish rapport with prospects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who is Mid-West Family?
We are an independent, employee-owned marketing firm headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin.
Our mission is to serve our communities, listeners, and advertisers. We carry out our mission with a full suite of traditional and digital marketing tools. When we say tools, we don’t mean shiny petite screwdrivers. We’re talking about a souped up power drill with radio antennas big enough to reach Mars. Or at least Milwaukee. We own eight radio stations, employ unique on-air personalities that actually influence our local communities, and of course, win impressive broadcasting awards.
Tireless promoters of community involvement and philanthropy; we are committed to serving our community. It’s more than an obligatory half-day serving soup, it’s countless hours and hundreds of thousands of dollars donated to local causes. The money raised here stays here.
Within the guitar-covered walls of our custom-designed building, there is a candid and diverse company culture afoot. Minimal hierarchy where everyone’s voice has a place. We may even let you voice a radio commercial.
We are outgoing entertainment industry professionals, compassionate creative leaders, digital-savvy marketers, with a dedicated management team to help reinforce a work-hard-play-hard atmosphere envied by all.
We are the people who rock out at a late-night concert, but get up the next morning for a meeting.
If we were a haircut, we’d be a mullet — business upfront and an after party!
Mid-West Family Madison is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is a Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm position, and will report to the Director of Sales.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary based on experience.
Full benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision
401k with company match
Flexible spending account
Send resume to:
Mid-West Family Madison
730 Rayovac Dr.
Madison, WI 53711
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE